As we mentioned last Sunday, the latest updates from the CDC and Governor Cooper have caused us to rethink our policies for PR gatherings moving forward. The current health directive states that two weeks after their final shot, fully vaccinated individuals no longer need to wear a mask or practice social distance, while those not fully vaccinated and those in schools or childcare facilities, should continue to mask up and practice social distance.
We want you to know that our church leadership fully supports these measures, and we strongly encourage you to follow them. However, beginning this Sunday (May 23rd), we are no longer going to be requiring that everyone wear masks for church gatherings. We trust you to be wise and take others into consideration as you join us each week. Starting this Sunday:
· More seating will be available in worship, though we will continue to have a section on the main floor with chairs socially-
distanced. There is also plenty of room to spread out in our balcony, for those preferring more space.
· Hand sanitizing stations will still be readily available throughout our facility.
· Prepackaged communion supplies will continue to be available for use.
· Contributions can be made online or in designated areas at the back of the worship space and the kiosk in the lobby.
· Our MUGG coffee area will be open again.
· Bible classes that are currently being offered will continue as they are now through the end of summer.
· We ask that those serving in children's and youth areas please follow the latest guidance of health officials.
· Parents of children and teens, we trust that you will make decisions that are safe, loving, and God-honoring as you send
your kids to classes and activities.
· We will continue disinfecting the building during the week to prepare for your arrival.
For those of you who feel most comfortable joining us online, and those planning to wear a mask or keep their distance even long after health directives no longer require it, we support you in your decision. Take all the time you need.
We thank you for your continued prayers and realize that these changes are a lot to absorb. Though there has been no shortage of opinions and perspectives throughout this pandemic, we want to do our best to make wise decisions and love each other well. Should you have any questions or perspectives that you think we may not have already considered, please feel free to reach out to me, Lee Thrasher, or one of our shepherds.
We love you all.
For the Leadership,